Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Falling in love


I have once again fallen in love
with Spring.



When Spring came too early, a few years ago,
I lost over 400 plants.
I cried as all the heathers turned brown and died.
I wept as I dug up loved plants.
I vowed to never love Spring again.


Yet this morning I forgot that Spring can be cruel,
the wind was calm, the sun so bright and
the scent in the air intoxicating.
 I fell in love.
Once again I gave my heart to Spring.

I am different now.
I garden for the bees and butterflies.
I live in the moment.
I am mindful.


I am wiser.


The wind came up
this afternoon.


We took the kites out
for their first flight of the season.


The wind was a Moderate Breeze
according to the Beaufort scale.


We put all four of the Diamond kites up.



This was a most delightful
kite flying afternoon.


I have the Kite journal out.
I will be keeping track of our kite flying
in 2011.


Walking under the waxing Daffodil
Crescent Moon finished my day.

I am so happy to be in love with Spring
once again.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Dear Sherry, losing so many precious plants must have been devastating. Things change in a garden each day....life and death, are part of it.

I have lost many plants this winter.......I am learning acceptance.

I love spring. I can hear the little lambs bleeting in the field across the lane. They are so tiny, so vulnerable. The wildflowers are lining the lanes and orange tip butterflies have woken.....she is one of our earliest butterflies. Several have visited the garden......

Happy April days.....

Wendy said...

I too have cried over plants that have died. It's difficult to see those you have nurtured and tended wither away, or freeze.

Your pics are so colourful. Another spring is here. Another season to be thankful for.
Hugs

wheatgerm said...

I wish spring were here right now

Inspector Clouseau said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

i wish my country have spring too, the pictures are amazing . .

Mel said...

I am loving this Spring too, but cautious it may break my heart again. I am on pins and needles to see if my redbuds survived the winter. I planted them in my father's memory and they survived their first winter but did not bloom last year, so I am hopeful. My heather did not survive the winter, I should have known better than to try them here in the frigid midwest.
Your kites made me smile. Flying kites always makes me feel young and happy.
Thanks for sharing so much beauty in your blogs.

walder smith said...

I love them. They are beautiful. It is a pity for them to die.

Vibram Five Fingers Shoes, which is a kind of special rubber shoes, is first produced by Vibrams corporation. Over the 70 years, it has achieved great success, the sales volume increased dramatically.