Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wilted

The dwarf Crepe Myrtles are in bloom.
They are an understory for the French Lilacs.
A bird bath is nestled behind them.


It is easy to see what areas of the yard are in full sun.
They are burned up.

I have been keeping the seedling alive.
Milkweed vine is climbing the bee-balm.
The Monarchs will use the vine for their caterpillars.

The sumac has found its way through the bamboo.
I am so happy it has survived.

My native planting are doing okay with little rain.


The gourds are also thriving in the heat and drought.


My main focus is keeping water available for the wildlife.

I wilt quickly in the heat.




I need sorbet to keep my spirits up.


I am inside in the afternoons.




I am gathering my rocks


and making garlic braids.
It is too hot for me to hike and do my pond watch.

I am my own Hero...
I know to stay inside and wait for moon rise
to be outside.
I shall take a moon bath tonight.
I shall soak up moon beams.

11 comments:

Dorothy Borders said...

The first full moon of summer - I look forward to it, too.

And thanks for reminding me of my favorite Campbell book. Maybe it's time I read it again.

Wendy said...

It's hot here too. Too hot to be outside except in early mornings and evenings.
Your sorbet looks delicious.
Keep cool

Cathy said...

Hang in there Sherry, I'll send rain prayers to you. I did post new poems yesterday :)

Is it fall yet too ;-)

Ms. said...

What a wonderful world you inhabit. May the moon shine sweetly for you.

Cheryl said...

Dear Sherry,

Sending blessings to you and your gardens. I have been in this position many years ago....the rains will come. It is surprising what survives a drought.

Tku for taking care of the wildlife.......you are an angel.

Stay cool, stay safe, enjoy your sorbet.

full length mother of the bride dresses said...

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing!

anak kecil said...

beauti ful pictures :)

Unknown said...

embroidery royal palm beachi am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks

Archana said...

this blog is mind blowing.

Metal Planters said...

wow this very nice excellent blog..interesting to see this

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Gotta lotta
extraordinary
exponential,
exactly.
Wannum?