Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pond Watch

We took a break after packing up our May decorations
and walked to Cave Springs



 for our weekly Pond Watch.
We were greeted by lots of Dragonflies.
This is a male Widow Skimmer.


I have yet to be able to identify
this Dragonfly for sure.



This is a new to us Dragonfly.
I do believe he is the Spangled Skimmer.

The female Eastern Pondhawk perched for her photograph!

This dragonfly is the Blue Dasher.

A male Eastern Pondhawk finally landed.

My husband saw a female Ebony Jewelwing.
I went to where he had seen her but she was gone.
I am so happy they are nearby.

We heard some splashing.
On the shore a Green Heron was fishing.
His crest was raised when we first spotted him.

We saw a Black Saddlebags but he never stopped flying.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Dear Sherry,

Doesn't it make your heart sing when you find so much life near water.
I love the dragons....they are such magical looking creatures.
They shimmer, and shine in the sunlight.

I am sure, with time, you will become an expert on these beautiful creatures.

Dorothy Borders said...

Wonderful dragonfly pictures!

Tammie Lee said...

so many treasures~
our ponds are active with bugs, but not dragonflies or frogs yet, well just a couple. wishing you a lovely week.