Friday, January 25, 2008

Weary

I awoke weary.
I was stiff and sore.
I did some morning stretches
hoping to wake the toes.

The temperatures rose during the night.
By noon we were at 28 degrees.
The south breeze feels cold.
No sun to warm my face.

The Cardinals come in pairs now.
They are bright and bring much joy.
I like being outside with them.
This morning it was just too cold even bundled up
and wrapped in my blankets to stay out very long.
I am weary of the cold.

Many Starlings have found the feeders.
I have made my peace with them.
I know Mother Nature does not have favorites.
Watching Starlings is not fun.
I am weary of the Starlings.
They look like Hawk food to me.


I did not go walking this morning.
I turned on some music.
I put a pot of soup on.

I just feel weary today.
I shall honor my weary.

6 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Oh my Dear, I am sorry you felt weary. But wise you are, to honor it.

Our body knows us best. I think it is always wise to listen to its messages...

Mari-Nanci

Q said...

Dear Mari-Nanci,
I do not know why I feel so tired. Maybe my body is fending off a cold or something. I drank my tea and ate my soup and only went outside to take a series of pictures of the Carolina Wren. That was very fun.
Dreary day but warmer. Forecast is for 50 degrees tomorrow. So silly!
I agree. Listening and responding to the body is always a good idea for me. I can walk another day.
Thank you for honoring with me.
Sherry

Jeanne said...

I love all of your journals.
Each one is gorgeous!
Thanks for your visits and kind words my lovely friend.
Blessings
I love your photographs.
Love Jeanne ^j^

Q said...

Dear Jeanne,
Oh, thank you!
We are in the bird days of winter.
I am waiting for the bugs to come back. I like bugs alot.
You also have a lovely journal. I enjoyed your piece about the tribe in Africa that sings the song of each person. I long for such a family.
As it is I sing my own song and honor who I am.
Thank you for being with me on this journey.
Sherry

Sprite said...

*****

Dearest Sherry,

I am with you and totally understand weary. I am glad that you honor and listen to your body. There is such wisdom in that.

Much love and many blessings,
*sprite

Q said...

Dear Sprite,
My world never taught me to honor my body and now in my mid-fifties I am learning how to do that. Being connected to my body and loving being in my skin is a journey.
Thank you for helping me learn how to love my body.
Love,
Sherry