Sunday, December 27, 2009

Meditation

Meditation.



Years ago I meditated at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.
 I called it my rest period.


                                  When I started walking in the afternoons I walked at 2 o'clock.



                                                       Now I am walking in the evenings.



I think it is time to get back to my meditation practice.


I have lots of guides.


I have wonderful music.


I want to establish a new way for myself.



I want to have a ritual of meditation.



My sister has her rituals.
She is very established in her Faith based community.

We went to Mass together on Christmas.
I was happy to share in our childhood tradition.


This morning when my husband put on our chants for today
I realized how important nature is for my spirit.
I realized how important my childhood traditions are for me.
I shall blend them.
I shall create my own rituals.
I shall begin again my meditation practice.

4 comments:

Susan Kozlowski said...

A very inspiring post to start the new year!

Wendy said...

I think Creative is the word here, as we look to creating our own practices, our own ways of doing things. I too have been thinking it's time to Create my own tai chi moves, my own artwork, my own pictures.

2010 in numerology equals a 3 - 3 is a creative number. I think 2010 will be a creative year.

Blessings on your journey.

Q said...

Dear Susan,
Taking the time to meditate each day makes all the difference in how I feel. I have lots of guided meditations, Sometimes I like to sit and just breathe. I like being mindful.
Hope 2010 is a year of health and happiness for you and yours.
Namaste,
Sherry

Q said...

Dear Wendy,
I also create my own practice. I like being the prayer....I like the idea that I am in communion with all of life all the time.
Creating my own path and finding the answers to my questions from my own experience is very nice. It also is wonderful to share the experiences sometimes.
Thank you for sharing in mindfulness.
Namaste,
Sherry