Monday, December 10, 2007

In the neighborhood

I bundled up and went walking.

Lisa at Greenbow wrote about her pyracantha bush.
I saw these orange berries on one of my neighbor's bushes and thought this must be the bush. I think I will plant a couple in my yard next spring. I think the birds would like the berries and the added nesting branches. I think of Lisa as my neighbor even though she lives in a different state.

The rose bush in my neighbor's yard has roses that have dried and now are frozen.
I think they are lovely. When I see them I think of Anna at Nature Trail.
I call her, "Goddess of the Roses". Her rose garden looks so beautiful. I think of Anna as my neighbor even though she lives far north of me and in a different country.

As I came up the hill towards my house I saw a bush full of red berries.
I do not know its name. I could ask Tom at Monarch's Nature Blog.
He knows the names of many plants, birds and butterflies.
I think of him as my neighbor even though he lives in a different time zone.

The Magnolia Tree in my neighbor's yard reminds me of Chris. She has a beautiful tree in her yard. After seeing her wonderful photos on her blog, Notes from a Somerset Garden, I went looking for Magnolias. I think of Chris as my neighbor even though she lives on a different continent.
I love my neighborhood of friends from all over the world.
Thank you for walking with me.

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Sherry, if this orange berried plant is a pyracantha I am not familar with it. It looks more like a bittersweet.

On my pyracantha the berries are in tight clusters right on the limb. The leaves are a darker green and smaller too.

BTW it is good to be your neighbor.

Cheers, Lisa

Q said...

Thank you Lisa,
I grow bittersweet and this bush is different! Now that I know that it is not pyracantha I wonder what it is! I will still look for a pyracantha bush. I would love to see one up close. I just might need to go to a nursery. I wonder if it is native to my area. I am growing native. Hopefully it is!
You are a good neighbor.
Sherry

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Wow, you found a lot of color in the snow! That magnolia photo is great - I love their buds. Maybe I should go out & take a photo of my magnolia's fuzzy buds. Thanks for the idea.

Q said...

Hello Mr. McGregor's Daughter,
I was pleased to see so many plants that reminded me of my on-line friends. I popped over to your journal and caught up a bit on what has been going on in your garden. I shall come again. Having garden friends on line is very interesting to me. I have been gardening for over 35 years. Where I live now my gardens are 30 years old. Lots has changed since I first started here. My main focus is butterfly and bird habitat. I am all organic and native, as much as possible. Lots of herbs and veggies are in my garden beds.
Thanks for coming by. I do most of my gardening posts on Q's Corner.
Here I post about my daily walks.
Sherry

mon@rch said...

LOL, that isn't an easy one! I will be honest, I am not really sure but they remind me of Honeysuckle berries!

Sprite said...

*****

Dear Sherry,

These are very lovely and colorful photos!

It is nice of you to recognize those you consider your neighbors, it is a small world after all, isn't it?

Love,
*sprite

Q said...

Dear Tom,
I think the first photo is of honeysuckle berries! I remember taking photos of honeysuckle in bloom just a few weeks ago right there on this bush. I will keep an eye and see if the berries are from that or are something else.
I am intriqued now.
Sherry

Q said...

Dear Sprite,
There are more "neighbors in my neighborhood" than just these four!
You are a neighbor and a walking friend! I think of you every day. I think of you when I see the tall trees and the moon.
I think of you often.
Thank you dear friend and neighbor.
It is a small world. I love my world!
Sherry