Friday, December 7, 2007

Walking in the snow

I went out early to feed the birds.
I wanted to see if we had visitors during the night.



Deer tracks lets me know
it is time to put some food out for them.



The rabbits will find little bits of green under the snow.
I can put some lettuce out for them if we get another storm,
or if the snow becomes too deep.


This snow fall was not very deep.
Not even a beak's worth.


I just walked about the yard.
My friend was coming for brunch
I had to get inside and set the table.

We laughed and shared stories.
This was our December time together.

6 comments:

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Great pictures of the female cardinal in the snow.

Q said...

Dear Robin,
I just walked about in the yard this morning and was not sure I would post. I normally would put these sort of photos on my other Blog. I liked the female Cardinal photos so much I wanted to share them. Glad you enjoyed them too. Her with her beak in the snow was just so funny!
Thank you for sharing this laugh with me. Laughter is all part of happy living and walking in spirit.
Sherry, who has joyfilled heart

smilnsigh said...

Oh beautiful, beautiful Cardinal Lady!

I hope you and your friend had a lovely lunch and chat. I'm sure you did.

Mari-Nanci

Q said...

Dear Mari-Nanci,
Thank you! My friend and I had a wonderful visit. We have known each other since kindergarten, almost 50 years now. Knowing someone that long is a special gift. I treasure my friendships.
Thank you for your friendship.
When I was in Brownies we learned a song I still sing, "Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold".
Friends!
Sherry

Sprite said...

*****

Hehe, it is cute the way you said that the snow fall was "Not even a beaks worth."

I hope your lunch was just delightful with your friend.

Lovingly,
*sprite

Q said...

Dear Sprite,
LOL! I was tickled by the way the female Cardinal was getting seed through the snow.
I enjoyed being with my friend. I was not going to do any entertaining this month! Once the depression lifted I was so happy my friend could come over. It was easy and fun.
Hugs,
Sherry