Monday, July 23, 2007

Staying near

The clouds are heavy this morning.
I took my walk early.

I stayed near home.
I walked to Cave Springs, just a couple of blocks away.
They have a few Memorial gardens that are pretty.
No bees or butterflies this cloudy morning.


A Chick-a-dee kept me company as I walked the trail.
A pair of Northern Flickers watched me watch them.
I looked for the Blue Heron but she was not at the pond.
There are glens and woods.

The deer that visit my gardens live here. I did not see them today.
I can hear the roll of deep thunder. I need to get home. The flies are biting.
I think it will rain today.
I hope so.
We need rain.

6 comments:

Becky~ said...

i will send some rain your way. we have had a nice bunch of rain this past week but now it is sun-shiney and i am out in the garden.

Q said...

Dear Becky,
Thank you! I need some. I have palnted some native plants and seeds and each day i have been watering. Mother Nature's water is so much better for everything than the city water.
I shall pop over and see if you are posting garden beauties!
Thank you for walking with me today.
Nameste,
Sherry

knicksgrl0917 said...

hey! i'm going to cali this weekend and won't be back until september...here is the website i was talking about where i made extra summer cash. Later! the website is here

knicksgrl0917 said...

hey! i'm going to cali this weekend and won't be back until september...here is the website i was talking about where i made extra summer cash. Later! the website is here

Sprite said...

*****

Beautiful walk today! I enjoy the pictures of the forest and the glen.
The cool deep green is so beautiful.

Lovingly,

Sprite

Q said...

Dear Sprite,
I too thought the colors this morning were very lovely, the blue greens of the glen and the deep greens of the woods. As I think about the colors I want to do my home in I look to nature. Still undecided.
The rains went around me again. I began watering this afternoon.
I heard we are 2 inches behind in rain for the year. Hope we catch up soon.
Thank you for walking with me. Each day is a glorious adventure.
Sherry