Thursday, February 14, 2008

Self Care

I have thinking about self care.
I have writing about this.
I have been reflecting.

I walked up to the little pond and looked at the reflections of the trees.
I felt out of balance. I felt confused. To build a program of self care I need to know more. I need help.
I listened to my intuition. The still small voice was directing me to do a Google search.
"Ayurveda Health Spa", I heard.

I searched and I found an Ayurveda Spa within driving distance from my house.
I called and talked with a very nice lady for over an hour.
I gathered information.
I talked with a girlfriend about the need to go away for a little while.
To become balanced once again.
When my husband came home I talked with him.
We looked at the web site and reviewed their treatment program.
We talked about a change in life style.
This morning I made my reservations for a week at the Spa. A retreat for me. A going away for a little while. An opportunity to become balanced. To learn a different way.
I have a month to do my home preperations. A month to gather my wits.
This is my way of honoring Spring. This is my way of learning self care.
This will be my rebirth.
I am going to The Raj in March.

7 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Oh how wonderful! A whole week, for this. How wise. We need time to devote to learning something new.

I hope you will keep a hand written journal, during your week away. And thus, be able to share some with us, when you return. Us who don't have something wonderful like this, near by.

I'm so excited for you! I hope it will be a truly wonderful experience.

Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

And I can't not comment on your lovely photos. I know, they illustrate your feeling confused.

But.... They are lovely illustrations of reflection photography. Which I love...

Mari-Nanci

Anonymous said...

I hope you find your balance there. What week will be you gone?

www.thequietone.net

Q said...

Dear Mari-Nanci,
I am a bit nervous! I have never done anything like this. The Ayurveda way is very beautiful. I have tried to incorporate a small piece of this way into my life every year. I realized without help it could take me ten years to "get it", working by myself. At the Raj they teach you how to do your daily routine. They also diagose just what this daily routine should be. The oraganic, vegetarian life style I already have fits in nicely. The intention is not to sell anything. I like that. The body products you make yourself which I already do.
I will keep a journal. Actually I want to find a new, maybe something in leather or silk with nice rice paper, to write in. I have ideas on what this looks like.
In the same way I have learned the care of my spirit and my feelings (mind) I want to do this for my body. I really want to learn how to celebrate and honor my body.
It is about a five hour drive. Not too far.
Thank you for your enthusiasm! I have some at home preperations to do. I think it will be very good for me and my home.
I also like reflections. I find them beautiful.
It is a pleasure for me to be able to come here and share with you.
Thank you, Mari-Nanci.
Namasta,
Sherry

Q said...

Dear Cathy,
My little three legged stool has always been a bit two sided. The body just has not been my focus. I try but something or someone "needs" me and I forget. It seems as if I start over lots rather than continue to build.
I am going the week of the 17th. I wanted to be there to celebrate the Vernal Equinox, the arrival of Spring. Sounds like a good time for a physical rebirth.
Wish me luck!
Namasta,
Sherry

Deb said...

Sherry ~ the Ayurveda Health Spa/retreat looks absolutely amazing! I am sure it will be a life altering week.

Q said...

Dear Deb,
I think it will be life changing. I hope so! I love my life but I am aware as I have become older I need to take care of my body. I would like to still be taking pretty pictures in twenty years!
I have been focused on others all of my life. I like others but I see it is past time to be focused on myself. Getting over the idea that self care is selfish has been one hurdle. Now to say it is good to spend the time and money on me. Hard stuff!
I am going! I have the reservation made and I paid for it!
This is not an exotic "go to India" spa. It is in Iowa. It looks pretty and I am sure I will find the country side very charming.
I am looking for the body-mind-spirit connect. I have the spirit and the mind in great shape now for the body.
Sherry