Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A walk in the woods

The wind is blowing and the temperature is 68 degrees.
I am looking for butterflies.



As I walked up the street to check on the little pond
in the woods I noticed lots of dandelions had bloomed.

I like dandelions.

The Robins were singing.

Up by the little pond I saw a butterfly!
I have never seen this one!
It is known as the Goatweed Butterfly.
The butterfly hibernates as an adult in my area. She has beautiful orange upper wings in flight
and wonderful camouflage at rest!
I am very excited to see a new to me butterfly!
Butterfly Season has begun!

2 comments:

smilnsigh said...

We don't even have dandelions yet. -sigh- I know. I know. I have to stop this sighing. :-))) I am trying. Sighing does not one bit of good. Just notice each new happening, each new day.

I'm trying. I'm trying.

M-N

Q said...

Dear Mari-Nanci,
Soon the dandilions will be in bloom in your neck of the woods. Soon you will have so much spring you will be dazzled!
You are doing just fine, just the way you are! Sigh all you want...I get very tickled!
Hugs,
Sherry