Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Mockingbird Moon

Some years ago I realized the New Moons were unnamed.
I decided to name them.
The New Moon in January became the New Mockingbird Moon.

I chose Long Snows Moon this morning from the
Spirit of the Wheel cards.
I wish we did have snow. It has been dry since October.

The geraniums continue to bloom indoors.
Perfect colors for my Chinese New Year,
 January, decorating.

Cooper's Hawk is comfortable on the deck.
He came looking for breakfast.


The Cardinals wait for him to fly off
before settling in for their seed.


I was so pleased to see the female,
 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
 in the back Dogwood.


Many happiness points!


Seeing the female was so very exciting.


We walked in the cemetery this afternoon.
The trees looked gorgeous



set against the deepest of blue skies.



Movement caught my eye
and I saw the dream catcher's feathers


flittering in the breeze.


A tinsel wreath shimmered in the sunlight.
I almost cried.
I thought I saw a butterfly.
I do miss the butterflies.
Happy New Moon. 

4 comments:

Isabel.inPeace said...

la forma en que relataste y pusiste las imagenes me gusto , es una gran forma de resaltar la naturaleza !

Wendy said...

Oh Sherry, I miss the butterflies too!
I'd forgotten you name the new moons. I like that.

Your bird shots are excellent, as always. I love the light on the hawk's feathers.
Happy New Mockingbird Moon.

titi said...

de superbes photos

Judy said...

Sherry, the cardinals are still my favourites among your photos! I have a geranium coming into bloom, too!