Thursday, November 15, 2007

A tree calls to me

I was bundled up,
wrapped against the cold, north wind.
The sun so bright I was sure I would be warm
as I walked this morning in the cemetery.
My eyes began to water,
the air was too cold.
I considered turning around and going back home.
I could walk later in the day when the temperatures warmed up.
A tree on the other side of the cemetery caught my eye.
I walked towards it.
I forgot to be cold.


I walked for 45 minutes.
I too was dressed in red.

4 comments:

smilnsigh said...

A lovely entry. I've been away from here, too long. Where does the time go? So many beautiful blogs, so little time...

Mari-Nanci

Q said...

Dear Mari-Nanci,
Thank you for walking with me. It was cold! Today it was warm...hot/cold/hot...just like me. I seem to have extra inner heat these days.
There are many beautiful blogs out there. I try to get to as many as I can each week. It does seem to take a spell to do so.
Come when ever you can. I love walking with you.
Sherry

Sprite said...

*****

Dearest Sherry,

The lovely red in nature reflects the inner beauty you carry forth daily.

I so have enjoyed this good 'Red' walk with you.

Much love,

*sprite

Q said...

Dear Sprite,
I have a fire within. It burns so hot sometimes I think I am being consumed. Other times it is a comfort.
It is a good Red Road we walk. Thank you for walking with me. I walk and send my blessings. I walk and marvel at the beauty that is just outside my door.
I walk in gratitude for you, my dear friend.
Sherry