Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kites

We took the kites out for their first flight of the season.
It was a gorgeous afternoon.
March came in like a playful lamb.
All of the kites were happy to be up.
I could feel their joy.
I love the feeling of a kite pulling on her string.

The temperature continued to rise.
By 2 pm when we went kite flying it was 71 degrees.

We have a pot of leek and potato soup on for our supper.
We are celebrating St. David's Day.

We are celebrating March.

The trees are budding.

Spring has come early.


5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Dear Sherry,

Kites give such a feeling of freedom. I love it when you fly kites, I feel like a child again.
They are so colourful.

Temperatures are way to high for this time of year. It is much the same here. We should see a change this weekend, lower temperatures, strong winds and rain. We need the rain.

origa-me said...

Your kites make my soul soar!
Carole who wants to fly!

sarah said...

We used to fly kites on new year with children. I liked the response of a kite pulling on her string,too.

The spring is coming slowly but surely here. Mimoza started to bloom near my house.
Have a nice weekend!

Wendy said...

What beautiful blue skies in your pictures. Kites do give one a sense of freedom and awe of Brother Wind.

Your soup sounds delicious! Yum.

I hope that the tornadoes have not been close to you.
Stay safe and warm, Sherry.
Love and Light

SweetWilliamNow said...

Love the kites!